OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
LONG RANGE OBJECTIVES OF TNT SWIMMING
Recreational, Emotional, Social and Physical Development:
1. To provide an opportunity for all children in the Eastern Shore area to engage in a wholesome, lifesaving, lifetime sport and recreational activity
2. To provide physical fitness, encourage good patterns of physical development, and encourage proper conditioning and health habits.
3. To provide opportunities for social, emotional, and educational development, and encourage peer and family participation
4. To promote the maximum involvement in age group programs of all interested children, adults, physical educators, recreationists, physicians, and others concerned with the development and maintenance of healthy citizens so to encourage maximum cooperation among these individuals in the improvement of facilities, programs and techniques in the Greater Mobile and Eastern Shore area.
1. To create an atmosphere in which the desire for self improvement and goal achievement motivates the individual to develop his natural abilities and help others to do likewise.
2. To provide the opportunity to learn sportsmanship, responsibility, dedication, self – discipline, and team participation.
3. To provide training at peer and ability levels.
SHORT TERM GOALS OF TNT SWIMMING
Training and Competition:
1. Develop a learning program that will provide the necessary background for competitive swimming to a large number of athletes.
2. Provide a graduated program based on age and ability in conjunction with the USA Swimming Age Group program.
3. Develop a Senior and National level program in conjunction with the USA National Championships program.
AREA AND STATE ADMINISTRATION
1. Provide the leadership in Southeastern Swimming that will allow the Eastern Shore to become one of the state centers of competitive swimming.
2. Participate in the LSC and national USA Swimming Committee in order to establish the Eastern Shore and TNT Swimming as a State and National contributor.